Box Office Associate
The Levoy Theatre is looking for outgoing individuals to join our box office team. This position is part-time, hourly, and pays minimum wage. Nights and weekend availability required.
- Perform building opening responsibilities
- Serve as a box office sales team member for walk up sales and phone orders
- Assist in the fulfillment of ticket requests and Will Call by verifying the accuracy of ticket orders
- Accept payments and make change accurately
- Perform end of day financial reconciliations in Box Office. Reconcile any issues between ticket sales and the financial department including shortages or overages in cash drawers, chargebacks, etc.
- Pull lists and reports from ticketing system as needed. Create reports and lists at the request of department heads
- Process special orders, comp ticket requests, ADA accommodation requests etc.
- Handle special needs and ADA Accessibility compliance as it pertains to ticket sales
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests
- Advise and assist with the implementation, reporting, and generating of event reports using ticketing platform
- Be familiar with theatre layout, including but not limited to reserved seating areas, concession availability, merchandise availability, and guest parking
- Observe guests during the event and anticipate any potential needs or problems
- Assist other staff as necessary in all event-related responsibilities
- Enforce all theatre rules and regulations
- Perform building closing responsibilities
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must have strong computer skills, including knowledge of Word, Excel, and Google Docs/Sheets
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, prioritize and manage multiple, ongoing projects
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to efficiently and effectively resolve issues for internal and external customers, frequently in a time-sensitive environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Front of House & Hospitality
We are looking for a candidate who can handle all Front of House and Hospitality Assistant job responsibilities. The FOH position is an exciting, fast-paced role complete with new and returning Guests, high-spirited volunteers, and a wide range of artists and performers. As FOH manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the lobby and auditorium of the theatre. As Hospitality Assistant you will be responsible for the successful communication with artist management to negotiate hospitality needs.
This is a full time, salaried position. Must be available nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Front of House Responsibilities
- Take the lead operational responsibility for the safety and security of the building
- Ensure all systems and procedures for security are followed at all times
- Lead the Front of House team and ensure the smooth running of FOH operation
- Ensure all Front of House staff have the appropriate training, including: customer service and health and safety
- Provide excellent customer service to all Guests of the theatre
- Deal with any issues raised by Guests
- Assign volunteer positions
- Deliver curtain speeches in front of an audience to provide important house-keeping and safety information
- Advance shows with artists and tour managers under the direction of Executive Director
- Provide necessary food and beverage day of show
- Book hotels for artists
- Maintain green room inventory
- Miscellaneous show-related needs
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent customer service
- Problem solving
- Managing a team
- Keeping calm in stressful situations
- Positive stage presence
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Google docs
The Levoy Theatre is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Levoy Theatre is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual or affectational preference, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or domestic status, veteran status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all employment actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination, and job-related social or recreational programs.
We are always seeking volunteers. Click here to learn more!